If you can make people laugh, you can make them understand… your life, your perspectives, your challenges; you can make them understand where you’re coming from – be that the other side of the world or the other side of a cultural, religious or political divide.
Funny Foreigners, a night of stand-up/storytelling presented by Petra Kindler who has worked with representatives of Ireland’s diverse communities to create and craft takes and tales from their own personal experiences with the “Irish ways & Irish laws”.
- A Sino-Mauritian Irishman who invented a human bone replacement and still had to find a new job… (“Eoin Murphy”)
- An African-American post grad student from New York who sings, plays several instruments and never stops apologizing…(Oatsie Jones)
- A Polish gentleman who was scared of Irish sausages… (Bart Zdrojowy)
- A new Irishwoman of Indonesian heritage who gravitates towards natural and man-made disasters…(Ewie Anggoro)
- A Jewish London Blitz survivor who knows & sees things that you don’t…(Stan Phillips)
- A young South African woman born in the UK, whose idea of Christmas is a big barbeque by the pool… (Isabella Guppy)
- And the second-funniest German woman in Ferrybank… (Petra Kindler)
…walk onto the stage in Garter Lane Arts Centre…
WAIT TILL YOU HEAR THEM TELL THEIR OWN STORIES!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for visiting our theatre:
In line with the Government’s plan, in order to attend an event at Garter Lane, you and all of your booking party will be required to present the following on arrival at our theatre:
An EU Digital Covid Certificate (DCC) or the HSE Vaccination Card, or a COVID-19 Certificate that has been issued by non-EU states, which contains CONFIRMATION that the person has been vaccinated. Exceptions – proof of recent covid infection, minor (under 18) accompanied by an adult.
Early arrival to our theatre is advised and we suggest being present up to half an hour before the event start time to allow us carry out all Covid checks prior to the event starting
Garter Lane has ample space in both its courtyard and gallery in which to socially distance yourself and your party prior to the event.
Face coverings are now required while moving about and when seated in our Theatre. Children under the age of 12 will not be required to wear face coverings.
We ask that you (as we will) adhere to all of the public health safety guidelines that keep us safe, these include proper hand hygiene and social distancing.