Four Rivers presents Blackbird, a play that is sure to provoke controversy and have everyone talking.
A play of the moment, Blackbird is the story of Una and Ray, whose relationship fifteen years ago had a profound and devastating effect on both of their lives. They hadn’t set eyes on each other since. Now, in a tense confrontation, the past returns to torment them as they unravel their deeply conflicted feelings for each other. Revelations and recriminations fly as this lacerating and controversial story of betrayal, abandonment and lust unfolds. This is sure to be a thought-provoking and challenging night at the theatre that will leave audiences questioning their preconceptions and with the realization that little in life is ever black-and-white.
Directed by Ben Barnes, Blackbird stars Ronan Leahy and Maria Guiver. Winner of the Olivier Award for Best Play, Blackbird is a complex portrayal of two people whose damaged lives are inextricably intertwined.
This production is presented by Four Rivers in association with Theatre Royal Waterford.
Four Rivers is an ambitious new company producing world-class theatre for audiences in the South East, and currently nationally touring with their scintillating production of Martin McDonagh’s “The Beauty Queen of Leenane”.
Winner of the Olivier Award for Best Play, Blackbird is a complex portrayal of two people whose damaged lives are inextricably intertwined.
Starring Ronan Leahy & Maria Guiver
When: Friday 5th & Sat 6th November
Where: Garter Lane Theatre
Produced by Four Rivers in association with Theatre Royal Waterford.
Funded by the Arts Council, Waterford City & County Council, Kilkenny County Council, Wexford County Council and Creative Ireland.
Premiered Theatre Royal Waterford, June 2018
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for visiting our theatre:
In line with the Governments plan, in order to attend an event at Garter Lane, you and all of your booking party will be required to present one of the following on arrival at our theatre:
- An EU Digital Covid Certificate (DCC) or the HSE Vaccination Card, or a COVID-19 Certificate that has been issued by non-EU states, which contains CONFIRMATION that the person has been vaccinated.
- Unvaccinated minors under the age of 18 will be permitted to attend the event in the accompaniment of a fully vaccinated parent or guardian.
- Early arrival to our theatre is advised and we suggest being present up to a half an hour before the event start time.
- Garter Lane has ample space in both it’s courtyard and gallery in which to socially distance yourself and your party prior to the event.
- Face coverings are required while moving about our building and may be removed once seated.
- We ask that you (as we will) all adhere to all of the public health safety guidelines that keep us safe, these include proper hand hygiene and social distancing.