The Barrack Street Concert Band presents The Greatest Show, featuring Ireland’s Greatest Showman, West End Superstar, David Shannon
Barrack Street Concert Band
- The Barrack Street Concert Band has been playing its music in Waterford since 1870.
- One of Waterford’s living treasures it lends its musical talents to the cultural and leisure life of our city as well as to local charities and organisations.
- The Band was formed at the Mount Sion Christian Brothers School on Barrack Street, and originally called ‘The Amateur Band’ .
- In 1895 the Band became known as the ‘Barrack Street Brass and Reed Band’, as its instrumentation changed to include both brass and reed instruments.
- After some changes in location over the years the Band now resides at Green Street where they built their bandroom using the volunteer labour of their members and friends.
- The hall was officially opened on August 16, 1968.
- In 1981 The Band changed its name to the one that is so well-known throughout Waterford today, The Barrack Street Concert Band.
- The new name reflected another change in instrumentation, including a full percussion section.
- The band is currently under the baton of Musical Director Mark Fitzgerald.
VENUE : THE TOWER HOTEL, THE MALL, WATERFORD | Concession for groups of 5 or more €22.50