Handel at the Cathedral – Christchurch Cathedral Waterford
Irish Baroque Orchestra returns to the Waterford Symphony Club series in the company of world renowned guest director Kristian Bezuidenhout.
One the world’s finest harpsichord virtuosos, Bezuidenhout turns his attention towards Bach and the D minor harpsichord concerto with its intricate invention. Bezuidenhout constructs his own invention in the form of a hybrid suite, pairing Telemann’s Tafelmusik and Paris Quartets, before mythological caricatures of Neptune, water nymphs and all the tempestuous moods of the sea are depicted in his famous Wassermusik.
An evening of virtuosity not to be missed!
– Handel: Concerto in G major, H. 399, Op. 5, Nr. 4 (11’)
- Tempo Ordinario (4’)
- Allegro (1:30)
- Minuet (2:00)
- Passacaille from Radamisto (4’)
– Telemann: String Quintet in G minor, TWV (10’)
– JS Bach: Harpsichord Concerto in D minor, BWV 1052 (20’)
– Erlebach: Overture Nr. 4, in D minor (published by Walhall) (17’)
from Ouvertures Avec Leurs Airs À La Manière Française
– Telemann: Wassermusik Overture (19’)
Irish Baroque Orchestra receives principal funding from the Arts Council/ An Chomhairle Ealaíon and is a resident company of the National Concert Hall, Dublin.