02. Picasso Inspired Portrait
Easy to follow steps
- Draw an oval shape on a piece of card and cut out.
- Create a second shape – a side portrait facing to the left. (This should be half the size of the original oval, use your oval as a guide for size)
- Using small pieces of card, start to build up layers. This will help you make your portrait 3D.
- Let’s get creative! What kind of eyes/ears/mouth/hair will we create for our portrait? You can use lots of different styles in the one work.
- Stick all your hard work together.
- Let’s colour/paint it all in.
- Make sure to share your creations with us on #garterlane…We would love to share them.
01. Alien + Rocket
Using all three crafts we can create a fun scene all our toys can join in on!
Step 1: Scavenger Hunt – What you’ll need
- Sheet of paper
- Empty Toilet Roll
- Safety Scissor
- Colours (paint, markers, crayons, colouring pencils)
- Glue Stick or Sticky Tape
- Old Cereal Box
- Lots of Imagination!
Step 2: How to make an Alien out of Household items
- Paint toilet roll any colour you want. Leave Dry.
- Using the toilet roll draw a circle on your sheet of paper.
- Cut the circle out… ask an adult to help if you need it!
- Draw a big eye inside circle
- Stick eye on to the centre of toilet roll
- Using leftover paper, create tentacles for your Alien! Cutting out straight strips of paper.
- Let’s get creative here, add eyes, ears, noses. Whatever you want!
- Don’t forget to show us your Aliens on #garterlane
Step 3: How to draw a Spaceship
- Draw the main body
- Add wings
- Start to add details on to the body of the ship, like windows etc
- Add flames to the bottom of the spaceship
- Cut out the spaceship – Remember to ask for help if you need it!
Step 4: How to make a Backdrop!
- Open out the old cereal box.
- Paint/Colour inside box!
- Let’s get creative!
- Don’t forget to show us your Spaceship on #garterlane