Garter Lane Arts Centre is seeking to appoint a Community Employment Supervisor.
Garter Lane Arts Centre’s Community Employment project has been in existence for a number of years and currently has 22 participants. Our CE participants are based in 2 Georgian buildings on O’ Connell Street in Waterford city centre and at Waterford Healing Arts Trust (WHAT) on the outskirts of the city in the grounds of University Hospital Waterford.
How To Apply:
To express interest please apply by email only to Lilly O’ Reilly – General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, covering letter and any other material you feel is relevant to your application for the position by 4pm on Friday 9th March 2018.
Applicants should be prepared to complete a Garda Vetting Application Form and to provide the name and contact details of 2 referees.
Knowledge of Post:
- Have a solid understanding of the role of the Community Employment Supervisor as it pertains to project management and programme delivery to long-term unemployed and vulnerable adults
- Display responsibility, commitment and motivation to implement the objectives of the Community Employment Programme
- Previous supervisory and people management experience relevant to post (3 years minimum)
- Previous experience in Administration, Project Management and/or Training or other relevant positions
- Strong and effective communication skills at all levels
- Competent report writing skills
- Experience of working with vulnerable individuals and job-seekers
- Capable of directing, motivating, coaching and mentoring jobseekers
- Ability to communicate freely through proficient use and understanding of spoken/written English
- Ability to work under the direction of the Executive Director & Board Of Directors for the effective implementation of the CE Programme in line with both the DSP CE Operational Procedures and the Art Centre’s Operation/Programming.
- A Major Award at 3rd Level (NFQ Level 6 or higher) in Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, Project Management or related disciplines. Please note Minor component awards at Level 6 or Higher are insufficient.
- A high degree of advanced skills & competency in IT/Software packages (e.g. MS Office Suite, internal/external IT systems, etc.) are required
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Garda Clearance will be required for this position
Minimum €33,259.72 per annum (Point 1) to Maximum €40,170.00 per annum (Point 4).
All new Supervisors, defined as a person who has never been employed as a CE Supervisor previously, will initially commence on Point 1 of the appropriate scale and move by annual
increments on the anniversary of their commencement date thereafter, subject to satisfactory performance.